The timing of this experiment was a little unfortunate, since I’ve been focusing on a single work commitment (finishing writing a book). I find it easy to be successful when I’m working on a single project, even if it hasn’t gone as quickly as I anticipated. Once the book is complete, I have an additional 16 items to finish before October 10th.
For now, the focus has been on instituting some healthy habits in my life — exercise, taking vitamins, and keeping daily track of my finances. Yesterday’s medication reaction has left me with stomach pain, so I didn’t want the stress of vitamins on my fragile stomach. I did do some moderate stretching and updated my finances. For what it’s worth, I was going to play the sick card and not do my finances, then decided that I’d rather take the 2 minutes needed then ‘fess up to not doing it.
I’ve been reading a book called The Soft Addiction Solution. The author, Judith Wright, considers “hard addictions” to be alcohol and drug abuse. This book talks about soft addictions, which are behaviors we use to zone out. This includes watching too much TV, procrastinating and overeating. I’m sure everyone has soft addictions … I know that I am guilty of all three at various points. I think that admitting these addictions, and then setting limits via the accountability process, could be very helpful.
This afternoon I received an email that Call the Midwife (Season 3) was available on Netflix. I spent about 8 hours today working on my book, so tonight am ready for zoning out in front of the television.
To Be Done Before October 10, 2014
- Send Proposal for Blogging workshop — DONE
- Finish “Make Time to Blog Workbook” — IN PROCESS
- Choose price for workbook
- Print test copy of workbook
- Investigate printing options and have small amount print
- Choose compelling name for free coaching session
- Add opt-in box to website header
- Add additional security/backup to website
- Add additional analytics code to website
- Add payment module to website
- Create new website with squeeze page
- Film short video for squeeze page
- Add 5 part freebie course to aWeber
- Add book sale to aWeber
- Add free coaching session to aWeber
- Finish elevator speech
- Develop free coaching session coupon for attendees at conference
- Keep blog posts are up to date — DONE
- Stretch and strengthen — NO
- Daily walks (weather permitting) — NO
- Update finances — DONE
- Vitamins — NO
- Healthy snacks — NO