International Mountain Day is celebrated on December 11. This holiday was created by the United Nations in 2003. International Mountain Day highlights the importance of mountains and promotes products made by mountain communities.
Mountain agriculture includes coffee, cocoa, honey, herbs and spices, as well as many handicrafts. Mountains also provide many tourism-related services such as skiing, climbing and nature trails. (Source)
How to blog about International Mountain Day:
- Travel Company: Describe your favorite mountain destinations and why people should visit them.
- Scientist: Explain the importance of the mountain ecosystem.
- Coffee Manufacturer: Showcase your product and explain why mountain-grown coffee tastes so good.
- Skier: Share your favorite local ski slopes for beginner and advanced skiers.
- Food blogger: Create a special recipe that uses mountain-grown food products.