What is a Content Writer?
Content writers carefully select the words that connect with your online audience — through for your website, emails, and newletters. This process, known as copywriting, differs from other forms of writing because its goal is to persuade the reader to take action. Sue Allen Clayton works with businesses, organizations and website developers to create original, compelling content that:
- Describes what you do and why people should buy from you.
- Demonstrates your expertise.
- Reflects your personality and your passion.
- Improves your Google search ranking.
- Helps customers and prospects come to know, like and trust you.
- Sounds natural, friendly and not sales-y.
- Helps maximize your investment in Infusionsoft, Ontraport, Mailchimp, Constant Contact and other email service providers.
Why Should I Hire a Content Writer?
- Experience. Would you let a doctor remove your appendix if he’d never performed surgery before? I doubt it! You want a physician whose done the surgery hundreds of times, is quick and efficient, and knows how to foresee problems before they occur. It’s the same thing with copywriting. You can do it yourself. However the experience of a professional copywriter will make the project move along more quickly and ultimately give you better results.
- Time. Writing projects are seldom urgent and often end up on the bottom of the “to do” list. Six weeks (or six months) go by and nothing gets done. Your website is still less-than-ideal, your newsletter hasn’t gone out in months, and you’re paying for an email marketing service that you’re not using. The result is that you are losing out to competitors who are doing a better job with their online marketing. Hiring a copywriter will get the job done — quickly and painlessly.
- Objectivity. It’s hard writing about yourself. You might be too humble to share your accomplishments. Or you might see everything in your business as important and need help discerning what information to include. A copywriter will focus your website on what’s important to your customers — and then create the articles needed to build your business.
Who Do You Work With?
Businesses and organizations who need content for email marketing. Oftentimes these businesses are paying for an email service provider — such as Infusionsoft, Constant Contact, MailChimp, or Ontraport — but are not sending any emails to their customers. I create newsletters and marketing emails designed to engage customers and increase sales. My customers include: